The Oklahoma World Organization of China Painters, Inc. meeting was called to order by Susan Owen at 1:15 pm on April 18, 2015 at the World Organization of China Painters Museum.
Sarah Gomez called roll. There were 41 of 46 voting members present. A quorum is one-third of the voting members plus three state officers. The quorum was met.
Shirley Weston, Recording Secretary, read the Minutes of the meeting held at 10:00 a. m. of the same day. The Minutes were approved.
No treasurer’s report was given as the last meeting was at 10 am of the same morning.
Susan Owen, President requested volunteers for a nominating committee to fill the position of 2 Vice-President. (This person will be the president for the year of 2016-2017.) There were no members who volunteered. Susan Owen then requested nominations for the nominating committee to fill the 2 Vice-President position. No one was nominated. The meeting continued to the next item.
Susan Owen announced that there would be a cup painting contest at the September 19, 2015 Oklahoma World Organization of China Painters, Inc. meeting. (This will include mugs, cups, or tankards and cups with saucers.) The entry fee will be $1 per cup, mug, or tankard. Susan encouraged members to buy porcelain from the museum gift shop.
The members were reminded that the painting retreat in April of 2016 had the theme for our upcoming year is “The Wonder of China Painting.” This theme is being represented by the story of Alice in Wonderland.
The Friday night reception at the April Painting Retreat will be in the hospitality room on the 2 floor across from the rooms we paint in.
The 2016 three-day painting retreat will be at the Crown Plaza Southern Hill Hotel, 7902 South Lewis Ave, Tulsa, OK 74136 on April 8, 9, and 10. For hotel reservations please call (918) 492-5000 and be sure to mention the Oklahoma World Organization of China Painters, Inc. to receive the special rate of $84 per night. The reception is Friday night and the banquet is Saturday night.
The artists for the retreat are Cheryl Meggs, Ann Zitterkopf, Susan Thumm, and Paula White. Photos of class subject on website
The cost for the retreat is $280. This price includes the three days of painting instruction, three lunches, the firing of your porcelain, and the Friday night reception ticket. To attend the Saturday night banquet you will need to purchase a ticket for $35. It is advised that you call to make your reservation at the time you decide to attend the paint in.
Ann Barton, Chairman of the Museum Balloting Committee, announced the voting results for the piece of porcelain to be displayed at the museum for the year of 2015-2016.
The results are :
1. The Butterfly by Phyllis Knighton
2. Black Pen Work by Nancy Lepak
3. The Turtle with Luster by Thelma Ingram
4. Tray with White & Ruby Roses by Helen McNabb
5. Black Lace by Le Yeatts
6. Autumn Leaves on a Black Background by Shirley Weston
The Youth winners were the Zentangle Lion by Lily Blivens and the Pony by Faith Blivens, age 10.
A five minute break was taken to finish voting on the museum ballots.
Susan Owen handed out the Award Certificates for the members whose work was displayed in the museum for the year of 2014-2015. They were Audelle Owen, Janice Burns, Marilyn Miller, Inez Herman, Shirley Weston, and Thelma Ingram.
Secret judges chose Oil Capital China Painter’s club table as the winner for best table decorations. The table was designed by Lois Higgins and Junita Lohr helped to implement the design.
The following baskets were donated by our clubs for a silent auction.
1. China Dolls’ basket was purchased by Thelma Ingram for $45.
2. Sooner Porcelain Art Club’s basket was purchased by Louise Turner for $45.
3. Indian Paint Brush’s club basket was purchased by Susan Schmidt for $30.
4. Leisure China Painters’ club basket was purchased by Susan Gee for $32.
5. Redbud China Painters’ basket was purchased by Le Yeatts for $46.
6. Oil Capital China Painters’ basket was purchased by Sarah Gomez for $110
7. Edmond Porcelain Artists donated a lovely tile by San Do that was purchased by Kay Kernan for $175.
8. Renaissance China Painters’ basket was purchased by Pat Wisely for $30.
9. Humdingers’ basket was purchased by Le Yeatts for $76.
10. Evening Shade China Painters gave $200.00 in lieu of a silent auction basket.
11. OKWOCP Teachers Club’s basket was purchased by Shelly Collins for $60.
12. Northeast Oklahoma Porcelain Artists’ basket was purchased by Le Yeatts for $45.
Susan thanked the clubs for the basket donations and the club members for their generosity in purchasing the baskets.
By unanimous action the Board confirmed, approved and ratified all actions taken by the officers of OK WOCP INC and resolved that all such acts and actions were duly authorized and were therefore ratified and confirmed as acts and actions on behalf of OK WOCP INC.
Meeting was adjourned.
Sarah Gomez, Recording Secretary
The Undersigned, being an officer of OK WOCP INC., does hereby consent to all action taken at said meeting as reflected in the foregoing minutes.
Dated: April 18, 2015
Susan Owen, President
Oklahoma World Organization China Painters, Inc.