Roses by Helen McNabb
World Organization of China Painters, Inc.
SEPTEMBER 12 MEETING
Attached please find the Minutes from the August 8, 2015 Teachers meeting. Note the follow two new items for Teacher Club:
1. Each member of Teachers is to bring a Show & Tell painted piece of porcelain (whether you painted it or someone else) and describe the technique to the Members. If you do not bring a piece of porcelain or glass for Show & Tell then you will pay the Teachers Club $1.00.
2. Door Prize: If you would like to participate in Teachers Club drawing for a gift, you must pay the Treasurer, Junita Lohr, $2.00. This money is also a fundraiser for the Club.
Thank you to all who brought something for the WOCP Show in Mobile, Alabama. Oklahoma’s table looked very nice. Thanks to Janet Crain and Dorothy Anderson for taking the items. Please pick up your pieces at the WOCP Museum.
Bernetta Stewart will do second fire on “Water Scene with Rocks” at the September 12, 2015 meeting. If you missed the first fire, do not worry, she will get you caught up on the design. I have attached a colored copy of the design. Bring your regular palette with several greens, blues, yellows, etc.
REMINDER: Just a reminder that September 19, 2015 is the Oklahoma WOCP Inc Board Meeting at the WOCP Museum. Teachers Club is providing and serving the meal. We will also need folks to set up and clean up. I will send the list to you tomorrow to remind you of what you are bringing. Cost of meal is $7.00 and it is a barbeque luncheon, with cole slaw, potato salad, baked beans, chips, homemade desserts. In addition, there will be four demonstrations that you will be able to rotate through. The cost of this fundraiser is $5.00.
1. Jody Cook will give tips on painting on bisque;
2. Sarah Gomez will give two sessions (beginners and intermediate) on how to use your iPad. Bring your iPad with you. Sarah will have handouts on both sessions for you.
3. Le Yeatts will demonstrate how to paint a Watermelon; and
4. Anita Kantowski will demonstrate the Lace Ladies.
You will be able to see all four demonstrations and have plenty of time for questions and answers.
See you Saturday, September 12 for Teachers Club meeting.
Oklahoma WOCP Teachers Club
MINUTES OF SEP 8TH MEETING